archive.info-cyrus web site used for spam harvesting

Lari Huttunen cyrus-info at huttu.net
Tue Oct 5 11:14:54 EDT 2004

On 10:35:40 05/10/2004 lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> You should never ever use your real mailaddress for mailing-lists.
> Create a alias for this purpose and only use it for mailing-lists.

Certainly. That's exactly what I have done.

> If it gets to spammy, change it.

But that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of people out
there who don't have the luxury of disposable email aliases.

> Address-harvesting is done in many ways today like subscribing to
> mailing-lists to get the addresses, so hiding it in the web-archives
> don't save you from spam.

No, but in this case the cause and effect relationship very clear. Why make
it so easy for the spammers to gain functional email addresses

through web archive harvesting?

--
Lari Huttunen