mupdate authentication using saslauthd

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 09:10:16 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am currently setting up a MURDER environement with one backend server and one frontend server where the MUPDATE server runs on the frontend server. To test the authentication of the backend server to the mupdate server I used mupdatetest as following:

$ /usr/local/cyrus/bin/mupdatetest -u testuser -w test -m saslauthd -v mupdatesrv
S: * AUTH "LOGIN" "PLAIN" "DIGEST-MD5"
S: * PARTIAL-UPDATE
S: * OK MUPDATE "mupdatesrv.domain" "Cyrus Murder" "v2.2.6" "(master)"
Authentication failed. no mechanism available
Security strength factor: 0

As backend we have an LDAP server and use saslauthd with LDAP for all authentication purposes. This works fine, I did test with testsaslauthd and authentication works. But somehow mupdatetest doesn't want to use saslauthd for authentication. Does anyone know what's the problem here ? Or what do people usually use as backend for the mupdate authentication ??

Thanks

Regards