quotas and usage figures

Philip Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 10:04:26 EDT 2004

I could not find reference to problems in this area in the archive.

I had a user with about 180 megabytes of e-mail and that figure was recorded in the
.../quota/u/quota.user file.  He then deleted all byt 2.5 megabytes and the number
in .../quota/u/quota.user only dropped to about 90 megabytes!

I did a "quota -f user.user" and the number in .../quota/u/quota.user was corrected.

Is there a known bug which could cause this?

I have just set quotas for all our users and there is going to be a serious problem
if users usage is not correctly reflected in the quota file.

Phil.