Is it possible to clean the trash folder automatic?

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Oct 28 11:57:22 EDT 2004

> > This almost answers the same question I had.
> >
> > On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Bob Tito wrote:
> > >   purgetrash    cmd="ipurge -d 7 -f user/%/Trash" at=0200
> >
> > Does this also remove old message from anything below user/%/Trash, like
> > user/%/Trash/SPAM and user/%/Trash/Virus?
>
> The above "purgetrash" event is not recursive.  It should only operate
> on user/*/Trash (INBOX/Trash, from the user's point of view).
> Mailboxes fitting the pattern, "user/%/Trash/SPAM" would be untouched.

I am finally getting to implement this. Most of my other questions have
been successfully answered. This question really comes back to my original
question of how to match multiple mailboxes in cyrus-imap with
virtdomains: turned on.

I am trying to delete message in the INBOX.junmail folder of every user on
the system. I am not using unixhierachy so I replaced the slashed with
dots - no go.

This works:

    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.fred.junkmail at planecrazy.ca

This works:

    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail at planecrazy.ca

These won't work:

    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail*
    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail%
    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail*
    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail@%
    ./bin/ipurge -b 10 -X -f user.%.junkmail@*

To repeat the question, how can I delete the contents of all of the
user.%.junkmail folders on the system regardless of virtual domain they
belong to?

Adi