how to create user name with dot with cyrus 2.0.17

sam sam.wun at authtec.net
Mon Oct 11 20:39:47 EDT 2004

Christopher Paluch wrote:

> I think your imapd.conf file is correct.  How are you creating your
> user?  Are you specifying "user/first.name" when creating it?

Yes, I tried "cm user/xxx.yyy" at the cyradm prompt, but I got error:
 > cm user/xxx.yyy
createmailbox: Invalid mailbox name
only the following form is correct:
 > cm xxx.yyy
localhost.authtec.com> lm
xxx.yyy

I found version 2.2 does not have this problem. 2.2 allows the creation
of name with dot.
Another problem with 2.0.1 is that the name created is not associated
with my domian name.
I think I need to use cyrus-imap 2.2 with sasl1 for another
installation. I previously used cyrus-imap 2.2 with sasl2, and sasl2
caused alot of weird problem.

Thanks
Sam.