Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.8 - DBERROR db4: 25 lockers

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Tue Oct 12 13:48:22 EDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Igor Brezac wrote:
>> This is OK as long as the number of lockers does not continue to increase.
>> A lock is released after a cyrus service process (imapd/pop3d/lmtpd/etc)
>> terminates.
>
> It should be released when the service process finishes what it is doing. If
> it is being released only when it exits, something is wrong, no?

No, a lock (a locker to be more precise) is released when the process
exits.  You will get a locker leak if you manually kill the process.  I
suppose this is a bug.

> A service
> child can serve more than one request in its lifetime... and it could be
> sitting idle between requests.

True, and the process will hold a locker (maybe more, depending on how
many database files the process needs to open) during its lifetime.

--
Igor