deleting subfolders

Jason DiCioccio geniusj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:47:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:11:51 -0600, Kevin Konowalec
<kevin.konowalec at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> localhost> lm user/g/u-home-files
> user/g/u-home-files (\NonExistent \Noselect \HasChildren)
>
> I am able to delete folders using dm at tle lowest level of the tree
> (I've already set the acl permissions accordingly).  However, when I try
> to delete the u-home-files folder I get:
>
> localhost> dm user/g/u-home-files
> deletemailbox: Mailbox does not exist

This mailbox does not actually exist.  You can see it from the
\NonExistent flag that you saw with lm.  This mailbox is just put into
place to create the structure for a mailbox that is deeper down in the
heirarchy.

For example, if I do:

cm lists/info-cyrus

and then I do:

lm lists

I will see the same \NonExistent flag for the virtual 'lists' mailbox
that you're seeing.  This mailbox is never actually created, it is
just there to support lists/info-cyrus.  If you want to remove lists,
you have to remove everything below it first.  You can use wildcards
as well.

For example, doing.

sam lists/* cyrus c
dm lists/*

should get rid of the virtual lists mailbox.

Regards,
-JD-