ACL for pop-only ?

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Fri Oct 15 16:46:47 EDT 2004

> This sounds a bit drastic. It prevents the server from being used
> as an IMAP server.

Well, the 'mailbox storage style' is still very usefull with large mailboxes
;)

> IMHO, the "proper" way to do this is to have some form of directory,
> ldap, hesiod, ( or whatever ) track whether or not a user has a POP
> or IMAP account. The server then behaves accordingly. This isn't built
> into cyrus though, or wasn't last time I looked. That has been awhile.

Yes, and it would not be my choice either ... call it strange management
from above ;)

Would it be hard to implement a 'not allowed to create subfolder' acl flag
into cyrus. I could even look into it myself, but beeing a newby cyrus admin
I do not yet have enough historical background to know if this would/could
break any 'standards' ?

bye,
Chris