Cyrus Aggregator advicories

Tom Bryntesen tom at bryntez.com
Wed Oct 20 05:56:43 EDT 2004

Hi list.

We are looking into the possibility of setting up the Cyrus IMAP Aggregator
(http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/ag.html) for a company. They have about
10.000 mail-boxes and a single domain. We are looking for a solution
that doesn't
create traffic bottle-necks, has 24/7 up-time and hardware fail-over
solution. The
bandwidth is 100 Mbit.

What would you recommend in terms of hardware. How many back-ends,
front-ends
and so on would be necessary?  Or is it sufficient with One Standalone
server for this
amount of mail-boxes - and another fail-over solution ?

We're thinking about using RedHat AS 3.0 as the OS.

Thanks
Regards

Tom B.