Cyrus Aggregator advicories

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Oct 20 07:27:28 EDT 2004

> OK. thanks
>
> Well, re. concurrent connections, it's hard to tell, but if I guess that
> about 5000 users

I just wanted to say that people should not forget that you can't compare
corporate usage with things like a university. I usually expect the
concurrent user connections to be 50-75% of the user count in corporate
environments.

> are checking their mail-boxes approximately at the same time ? ...
> mailbox sizes are
> not specified yet, but I'll guess that 50 Megs should do, because the
> users are for the
> most part POP3 users.

Interesting. Most companies want server based mailboxes to ease things
like central backups, webmail access and more.

> thoughts ?

I don't think you'll have any problems with one server. Just make sure you
have fast disks since IO is most important here. I know people are using
cyrus-imapd on RedHat AS cluster but I don't know how well it works with
RedHat AS3. Maybe others on the list can tell us more.

Simon