Catch all and aliases: is this how?

Roberto Leibman roberto at leibman.net
Mon Oct 25 14:52:24 EDT 2004

Hi, it's me again.

I'm very slowly getting into hosting all of my services myself, so I'm
porting domains currently hosted by commercial hosters into my own stuff.

I have a combination of cyrus, sendmail, spamassassin, spamass-milter,
fetchmail, all doing various things.

So far so good, I have two domains in the sendmail local-host-names
file, and things work as I expect:

user1 at domain1.com and user1 at domain2.com both end up in my roberto
account without having to even touch anything else.

Now I want all email that doesn't fit a cyrus user to go to a catch-all
account.

I have not figured out how to do that with cyrus, though I was able to
mangle it into working with sendmail, by adding domain to sendmail's
virtusertable, but the problem is that then I need to specify every user
in the system otherwise the catchall takes precedence.

So I imagine there's some obscure setting in cyrus that I have to set to
make IT handle the catchall.

On top of this (and I imagine there's a relationship) I also want some
aliases (sales at domain1, shop at domain1, admin at domain1) to be aliased to
other existing accounts (user1 at domain1).

The man pages, documentation and this list's archive weren't very clear
on how to do any of this.

--
Roberto Leibman
Libertarian Party Candidate for California State Senate, District 1