smtp auth + saslauthd + ldap

Chetan Dutta chetan.dutta at tatainfotech.com
Tue Nov 2 08:47:52 EST 2004

hi!

i just received a reply from redhat tech support, they say that sendmail
linked to sasl1 is not a bug! i wonder why its not? sendmail is linked to
sasl1 but saslauthd is linked to sasl2 ! how can they communicate? redhat
people say that it is required because ldap is linked with sasl1.

anyways i fixed the error by recompiling the sendmail with sasl2, its
working now. so saslauthd was not at fault rather it was sendmail.

thnks for help.

chetan dutta