Cyrus Sendmail integration

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Fri Nov 5 13:51:14 EST 2004

Akshay Kumar wrote:
> I am running Sendmail-8.13.1 and Cyrus-imapd-2.2.8. Problem is Sendmail
> does not know which destination addresses are valid and so tries to
> deliver everything at mydomain to cyrus. Now even if the mailbox does not
> exist Sendmail hands it off to Cyrus, which complains that its
> undeliverable generating a message to postmaster. The mail reply to
> address is also usually bogus so I end up getting two mails for every
> attempt to a non existent mailbox.
>
> Now I looked at http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/. I can compile
> sendmail with SOCKETMAP, that's simple enough. Question is were the
> patches for cyrusv2 ever integrated in Sendmail-8.13.1

Socketmap support is present in sendmail-8.13 *sources*. Your sendmail
binaries may be compiled without socketmap support.

1) Use the command below to check if your sendmail binary is compiled with
socketmap support
	sendmail -d0.1 -bt </dev/null
Check if SOCKETMAP is listed in "Compiled with:" section

2) To compile sendmail with socket map support add the following line in
devtools/Site/site.config.m4 :
	APPENDDEF(`confMAPDEF',`-DSOCKETMAP')dnl
and recompile sendmail sources as describes in INSTALL file.

> and what about
> FEATURE(`mrs')? I couldn't find anything on mrs, is there some other
> solution?

FEATURE(`mrs') is not a part of sendmail.org distribution.
It is described at http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/mrs.html

Its installation requires:
1) patching cf/m4/proto.m4 file used to generate *.cf file from *.mc file
2) adding mrs.m4 file to cf/feature/ directory
[It does not require sendmail sources recompilation]

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/ [ PageRank 6 ]