saslauthd performance

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Nov 17 12:55:56 EST 2004

Axel Grupe wrote:

> lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
>
>>Zitat von Axel Grupe <grupe at osnanet.de>:
>>

>>>I'm running Debian Sarge so it's:
>>>saslauthd 2.1.19
>>>Source: pam-mysql    Version: 0.5.0-6
>>>The System is just in testing mode, so it hasn't been up for a longer time.
>>>But thanks for the tip, I will observe it.
>>>

>>Could you send me (lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de) the source from pam_mysql Debian is
>>shipping. I heard some rumors they fixed some of the leaks.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Andreas
>>

>>---
>>Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
>>Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu

> I observed the problem now for nearly two days and it seems, that the
> daemon really leaks memory!
> It started with about 3908 kb and now it requires 6596 kb.
> So its not the best idea, or the daemon must be restarted on some days
> in the week, bad solution too.

Let's no mislead people.  saslauthd does NOT leak memory.  Some PAM
modules DO leak, which causes saslauthd to grow as a side effect.
saslauthd works fine with well-written password authenticators
(including some PAM modules).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127