IMSP 1.7b and global addressbooks with LDAP

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Tue Nov 16 20:32:57 EST 2004

The global addressbook wont show up.  Perhaps I've missed a step.

I build the imsp server with theese options:

./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local \
    --bindir=/usr/local/cyrus/bin \
    --with-ldap=ldap \
    --disable-gssapi \
    --without-krb \
    --with-auth=unix

I installed it and created the /var/imsp directory and added an options file,
including these attribs:

imsp.ldap.searchbase N o=linfield.edu
imsp.ldap.scope N subtree
imsp.ldap.host N ldap.linfield.edu
imsp.ldap.port N 389
imsp.ldap.fullnameattr N cn
imsp.ldap.uniqueattr N uid
imsp.ldap.defaultfilter N (mail=*)
imsp.ldap.attrmap N (name cn alias uid email mail)

I then brought the imsp server up and connected via telnet with the following
dialogue.

A0 LOGIN admin secret
A0 OK User `admin' Logged in
A1 CREATEADDRESSBOOK "Linfield"
A1 OK createaddressbook completed
A2 SETACL ADDRESSBOOK "Linfield" anyone lr01
A2 OK setacl completed

Using the Mulberry client, I login to the imsp addressbook, and I should see
the "Linfield" addressbook, but I don't.

I built the server against OpenLdap v2.1.30 and ldd verifies it is using
those libraries.  What am I missing here?

Thanks.

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager