Cyrus + postfix virtual mailboxes

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:32:44 EST 2004

Dick Davies wrote:

>* Hamish <lists at subvs.co.uk> [1119 15:19]:
>

>>Hello everyone
>>Could someone please point me in the right direction? I would like to
>>use virtual mailboxes for users. Username, pass, aliases etc are stored
>>in ldap and I would like to be able to just use this to store user
>>information.
>>

>Cyrus authentication can work that way, but unless you want to store mail
>in LDAP you need a mailbox created in cyrus for the ldap entry as well.
>
>i.e.
>
>to create a mail user
>1. ldapadd a user/password pair
>2. run 'cyradm' and then 'cm user.username'

I have found that there seems to be a way of using one user for all the
virtual mailboxes with courier - is this possible with cyrus? IE one
mailbox which dishes out virtual mailboxes.
I want to be able to administer users in ldap, and not have to then
change passwords etc anywhere else, so cyrus would have to check the
user against ldap.