remote cyrus exploits?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 05:54:10 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> The relevant portions of the patch between 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 can be
> applied (most likely by hand) to 2.1.x.

Here's the (trivial) subset of patches which are relevant to 2.1.16:

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/patches/2.1.16/peek.patch

2.1.16 doesn't implement the BINARY extension.

The MULTIAPPEND implementation is much simpler in 2.1.16. It just reads
and appends one message at a time rather than reading all the messages
into the "stage." directory and then doing the actual append at the end. I
infer that the new code in 2.2.x is there to provide better error recovery
in the case of bad input after a number of appends have been committed.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.