Authentication problem

Jim Sabatke jsabatke at execpc.com
Sun May 9 15:50:10 EDT 2004

I sent this to cyrus-sasl first, but have not gotten any replies.

I was trying to look through the archives.  There are thousands of
"authentication" emails.  I hope this is the right list.  Please let me
know if it's not.

I'm running posfix/cyrus/mysql on SuSE 9.0.

I can't connect to an account where the user name is not also a UNIX
user (in /etc/passwd).  This is driving me nuts.  If I create a UNIX
user, the authentication works fine.  I deleted the user and now I get
in /var/log/messages:

May  8 16:58:52 yoda imapd[2821]: Login disabled user=farmerg
auth=farmerg host=ripley.kitty.cat [192.168.0.98]

Any help out there?

TIA

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.