sendmail hooks for pre-checking of over-quota imap users?

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Sat May 15 11:03:46 EDT 2004

Sergey wrote:
> Andrzej Filip wrote:
>

>>>The daemon verifies the existence of the rcpt, the ACL and the quota at
>>>the RCPT TO time of the SMTP exchange.  For me, its cut down on a HUGE
>>>amount of garbage destined for non-existent users, thus eliminating the
>>>outgoing bounce messages.
>

>>Take a look at http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html if you
>>want more details how to use smmapd provided in cyrus-2.2.3 in sendmail.
>

>>BTW Sendmail-8.13 is available as public Beta
>>http://www.sendmail.org/8.13.0.Beta2.html
>

> Is this work ? I can't test solution rtcyrus2.html now (some problem
> with downloading mrs-8.12.11.patch and mrs.m4),

There are some problems with the apache, I have notified the webmaster.

> but I attempt to use
> old http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus-socket.html.
>
> I was install sendmail 8.13.0.Beta2 and cyrus-imap 2.2.3. I can see what
> socket map partially work only. A user's existence is verify only:
> [...]
>
> Then I to send mail to exsisted but overquoted user I receive bounce
> from end server:
>
> ==
> <real-user at xxxxxxx.ru>
>     (reason: 552 5.2.2 Over quota)

> ... while talking to localhost:

> <<< 552 5.2.2 Over quota
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
> <<< 503 5.5.1 No recipients
> ==
>
> Is this the old sendmail's solutions issue or something another ?

What is reported by cyrus map lookup of "the over quota" user?

echo '/map cyrus real-user at xxxxxxx.ru' | sendmail -bt

If the query returns
* "All clear" then ask Ken for smmapd patch in cyrus distribution.
* "tmp error" then I will have to patch my sendmail patches

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi