sendmail hooks for pre-checking of over-quota imap users?

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Sun May 16 17:13:24 EDT 2004

On Sunday 16 May 2004 23:27, Andrzej Filip wrote:

> > But I have new question. The
> > reason: 550 5.1.1 <xxxxxx at xxxxxxx.xx>... User unknown
> > is return both for unreal and real but overquoted users. Is real
> > cyrus reason's sending possible ?
>
> Please send what cyrus map lookups returned in both cases.

# echo '/map cyrus overquoted-user at xxxxxx.ru' | sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
#
# echo '/map cyrus unreal-user at xxxxxx.ru' | sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> map_lookup: cyrus (unreal-user at xxxxxx.ru) no match (68)
#

I read in sendmail's documentation about possibility arbitrary test
in some replyes :

                The status indicator is one of the following
                upper case words:

                    OK       the key was found, result contains the looked up value
                    NOTFOUND the key was not found, the result is empty
                    TEMP     a temporary failure occured
                    TIMEOUT  a timeout occured on the server side
                    PERM     a permanent failure occured

                In case of errors (status TEMP,  TIMEOUT  or
                PERM)   the  result  field  may  contain  an
                explanatory message.

Or is cyrus send NOTFOUND (and not TEMP or PERM) in both cases ?

--
Regards,
Sergey