Pam_smb authentication

Michael Menefee mmenefee at usnetworksinc.com
Sun May 16 19:41:11 EDT 2004

I know this question has probably been asked in many forms and flavors, but
I have yet to find a concise answer. I am trying to run Cyrus-Imap with
OpenLDAP (part of the Bynari Site Server installation (www.bynari.net)) and
Samba. The goal is to replace Exchange Server, without replacing the
underlying NT Domain architecture (configuring samba as a member server
only).

I know this is possible, and have seen some documentation about saslauthd
and openldap, but have yet to see a clear-cut answer to this question. Maybe
someone has a better alternative using Cyrus-IMAP, OpenLDAP and
authenticating users against NT in some other manner. Any suggestions are
greatly appreciated

Thanks