IMAP/LMTP/Quota locking problem

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri May 21 09:46:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Dienstag, 18. Mai 2004 8:53 Uhr -0400 Scott Adkins <adkinss at ohio.edu>
wrote:

> --On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 9:13 AM +0200 Sebastian Hagedorn
> <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>
>> thanks for the info. The patch was definitely added *after* 2.2.1 ...
>> hmm, now that I think about it: seems like it was even added after 2.2.3!
>> Is bug 1270 really fixed in CVS only?
>
> Good question! :) I hope it is fixed :)

as we have learned it is in 2.2.4 ...

> If I remember right, it has something to do with SSL.  Are you using SSL?

Yes. The IMAP session in question used TLS ...
>>> Currently, we manage the problem by watching the sendmail syslog file
>>> for System I/O errors on the Cyrus mailer (grep for
>>> 'mailer=cyrus.*System.I.O')
>>
>> We don't get those. I wonder if we actually have separate problems. Or
>> maybe not. However, in our case the sendmail processes get stuck as well,
>> maybe due to our setting of DeliveryMode to interactive!?
>
> I find that interesting... after an IMAP process locks the quota file, the
> LMTP processes start to stack up.

Right.

>  After awhile, anything trying to be
> delivered to that user generates a System I/O error.

Not for us. I'm not sure what exactly happens to the sendmail processes,
but they seem to get stuck as well. I haven't yet had the opportunity to
analyse that.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK