cyradm timeout?

Bret Hammond bret at indiana.edu
Wed May 19 16:36:55 EDT 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Andrew J Caird wrote:

> I'm installing Cyrus v2.2.3 on Solaris 9 and I've been through the
> weirdness with imclient.a (see
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&searchterm=imclient&msg=28484)
> and now I can connect to Cyrus IMAP servers (is there a better solution to
> this?).  However, in my only test so far: connecting to a Cyrus v2.1.15
> server, cyradm appears to timeout after about 5 seconds.
>
> Is this normal?  I couldn't find any configuration options in either the
> cyradm client (Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm) or in the server configuration.  It
> doesn't matter if I type commands or not, it appears to be about a 5
> second timeout and the server logs it as a "normal" disconnect.

Andrew,

You might consider grabbing the 2.2.4 code (released yesterday),
as it seems to have fixed the imclient problem along with some other
issues.  We are testing Cyrus v2.2.4 on Solaris 9, and noticed a problem
with cyradm related to the getaddrinfo that comes with the SMCperl pkg.
After removing the perl package, and recompiling perl from source our
problems with cyradm went away.  We're able to use cyradm to connect to
both a 2.2.4 and 2.0.12 server.

> Thank you.
> --
> Andrew Caird