Problem w/ 2.2.4 and unixhierarchysep: yes

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Sun May 23 07:24:14 EDT 2004

> On Sun, 23 May 2004, Simon Matter wrote:
>
>> I have just finished rebuilding my 2.2.4 rpms and I've got the same
>> problem on my own server where I tested the build. I was able to access
>> some folders but some others didn't work.
>
> Was there anything consistant about these folders (specifically, did they
> have quotas associated with them)?

There is a quota on 'user.simix'. No other quota on subfolders.

> Sadly, the backtrace you provided doesn't appear to be valid (why does
> strcpy() call strcpy() and then call shut_down()?

Well, that's what I was wondering about. At least I was able to catch an
strace now which is attached.

> Was this a fresh install?

No.

> Were you using unixhierarchysep?

No, my imapd.conf:
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

> I can't duplicte this in any enviornment (upgraded, fresh install,
> unixhierachysep or not).  Perhaps if you attached a gdb
> process to it and then made it crash it might be more illuminating than
> looking at the core dump...

Is it even possible with stripped binaries or do I have to rebuild?

I wanted to note that the crash does not happen always. Even on the same
folder, sometimes it crashes, sometimes not.

Simon