Not seeing sub-folders when migrating/upgrading

Jim Levie jim at entrophy-free.net
Mon May 24 00:28:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:44, Andrew Davis wrote:
> Thank you so much. That's the information I was looking for. Does this
> mean I can copy the mailboxes.db and the mailbox content and expect to
> not see this problem?

I don't think that would work, especially if there's a difference in
Cyrus versions. What will work is to dump the mailboxes db on the old
server to a flat file with 'ctl_mboxlist -d >mailboxes.list'. Then on
the new server import that with 'ctl_mboxlist -u <mailboxes.list'. Of
course this needs to done as the cyrus user.

The generic procedure for setting up a new Cyrus server is to:

1) Create Cyrus accounts for all users.
2) Import the mailboxes data from the old server.
3) Copy user inboxes from the old to the new server.
4) Copy any sieve scripts to the new server.
5) Use reconstruct -r on each Cyrus account.

Depending on what authentication method you use it may be necessary to
create auth info for each user also, like when using sasldb.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.