How to use PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM and DIGEST at the same time with Cyrus ?

Patrice Granger pat at poule.org
Sat May 22 10:40:58 EDT 2004

Hello all !

I have a problem that I don't understand with my mailserver...
I'm using a RedHat ES 3 with Sendmail and Cyrus (Simon Matter rpms).

Only two methods are working : cram and digest. I need to be compatible for
login and plain too :-/

Here is my /etc/imapd.conf :

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus root
postmaster: admin
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
sasl_minimum_layer: 0
defaultdomain: mydomain.com
allowallsubscribe: 0
allowanonymouslogin: 0
allowapop: 1
allownewnews: 0
allowplaintext: 1
unixhierarchysep: yes
tls_cert_file: /var/imap/server.pem
tls_key_file: /var/imap/server.pem

The result of an imtest is :

imtest 127.0.0.1
S: * OK servername Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3-Invoca-RPM-2.2.3-8 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE
UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE STARTTLS
AUTH=DIGEST-
MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 SASL-IR LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE DIGEST-MD5
S: +

If someone have an idea it must be useful for me ... ;)

++