Cyrus HA Scalable Solution? Rsync

Lee Lee_Hoffman at brown.edu
Tue May 25 19:00:02 EDT 2004

We (my company) uses DRBD (http://drbd.cubit.at/) with heartbeat and cyrus quite
successfully. To distribute load we use multiple heartbeat/drbd backend
clusters. Each cluster is comprised of 2 machines connected together via
gigabit ethernet cards and serial links. Postfix references ldap (for you
mysql) to determine which backend cluster the user's mailbox resides on.
Perdition or Cyrus Murder can be used to proxy the user logging in to check
mail to the correct backend machine. This solution provides unlimited
scalability and pretty good redunancy.

DRBD is a good innexpensive solution. Its proved to be fast and pretty reliable.
I would recommend it if you are on a budget. If you have unlimited cash, a
kimberlite / SAN cluster might be another good option (havent tried it, but
have heard good things).

Lee