Corrupt inbox, related to size?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed May 26 13:54:56 EDT 2004

cyrus versions, filesystems, postfix versions, cyrus database formats being
used.

1k messages is nothing, i have severa with 300k or more, one with a
million messages or more.  No problems I've used 1.6.x series nad now I'm
in the 2.2.x series.  Only time I had corrupt mailboxes was from an unclean
nasty shutdown and from bad RAM.

--On Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:23 -0700 Kevin Baker <kbaker at missionvi.com>
wrote:

> I had to reconstruct my first cyrus user inbox today.
>
> I have to say it makes me a bit nervous. We are running
> Postfix+Cyrus+LDAP with about 500 user, pretty good
> traffic, on 512Ram Raid1.
>
> This particular user had about 1000 messages in her inbox.
>
> It was fine after I ran reconstruct, but this is very
> inconvient as I need to take down cyrus during the
> process.
>
> Does anyone have ideas as to what would cause this. Could
> it be related to the number of messages in her inbox?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kevin
> ---

Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you
have to worry about; it's the twenty thousand-odd rounds
labeled `occupant.'"
   --Murphy's Laws of Combat