Postfix and Cyrus-IMAP using virtdomains: userid and SQL

Psi-Jack psi-jack at myrddincd.com
Wed May 26 14:05:47 EDT 2004

I'm trying to setup my postfix to use PgSQL lookups for virtual domains,
and to deliver mail for virtual domains into Cyrus-IMAP.

My method is to use Cyrus-IMAP's virtdomains: userid option, so that
Cyrus-IMAP uses it's built-in virtual-domains support and mailboxes that
are accessable as username at domain.com.

Now, does anyone know any ideas of how to actually get Postfix itself to
actually /deliver/ mail to username at domain.com into Cyrus-IMAP, and what
kind of SQL structures and lookups I'd need to do to actually fully
accomplish this task?

I have my virtual_alias_maps pulling pgsql queries out and apparently
looking up username at domain.com if it exists, and if so, returns that
exact same username at domain.com. It accepts mail for it, but when it gets
beyond that, I get an error with postfix:

May 25 23:06:29 netgear postfix/error[37479]: DAAE117043:
to=<user at domain.com>, relay=none, delay=1, status=bounced (User unknown
in virtual alias table)

And so, it bounces it back after it's already accepted it.

Any ideas anyone?

Eric