Cyrus dies

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri May 28 09:20:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Freitag, 28. Mai 2004 13:57 Uhr +0100 Colin Bruce
<ccx004 at coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the info especially the configuration suggestions from RedHat.
> We use a modified Slackware 9.1 installation with lots of our own stuff
> and a kernel we build ourselves. I just checked and we don't have a file
> called /proc/sys/vm/pagecache.

yes, the "files" in proc vary wildly depending on the kernel. Even RH 7.3
does *not* have this item, even though AS 2.1 does ...

> There are two files called pagetable_cache
> and page-cluster which have "25   50" and "3" in them respectively. I
> suspect that taken together they are the same as pagecache.

Perhaps.

Good luck, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK