Debian saslauth

Kent L. Nasveschuk knasveschuk at wareham.k12.ma.us
Thu May 27 08:15:29 EDT 2004

Does anyone know what saslauthd authentication mechanisms the current
distribution of Debian supports in the sasl package? In particular I am
interested in using LDAP directly or possibly LDAP through PAM if
supported to authenticate users to Cyrus IMAP. I've never used Debian,
but I'm utterly frustrated with trying to get sasl and cyrus imap to
work on Slackware and Redhat systems. After many attempts at getting
cyradm admin program to work and failing, I've decided to try to get
this running on a different platform. Debian has a cyrus imapd packages.

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <knasveschuk at wareham.k12.ma.us>