cyr_expire hanging...

David Reid david at jetnet.co.uk
Sun May 30 03:16:44 EDT 2004

I'm running cyrus imap 2.2.3 and have just started experiencing some very
strange events when cyr_expire runs. It seems to somehow get "hung" in some
sort of loop and starts eating serious amounts of cpu and then disk space in
the system and impd logfiles. This results in enormous logfiles and the
resultant 108% of my /var partition soon causes problems!

It's possible that cyr_expire isn't the cause, but the one common factor in
all instances has been cyr_expire eating cpu. The log files aren't available
as I need to delete them to restore the system to a functioning state :(

Anyone come across this before or have any ideas about what might be causing
it?

Thanks.

david