usage report

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi at edu.vantaa.fi
Mon Mar 1 12:06:11 EST 2004

Lainaus Erik Myllymaki <erik.myllymaki at aviawest.com>:

> I would like to be able to offer a usage report to some managers.
> Basically, showing number of inbound and outbound mails per day for
> some specific users, maybe on a web interface...

This is something you should do at the MTA level, so this depends on
your MTA, not Cyrus (unless you specifically want to count messages
delivered to mail store).

For example, we are using exim and running eximstats weekly as a cron
job to generate statistics of previous week. Statistics are then mailed
to admins.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi