Cyrus imap 2.2.3 and virtual domain sieve folders.

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Mon Mar 1 23:11:31 EST 2004

Eddie,

The "sievedir" sieve directory (when using sieveusehomedir: 0|no|false) is,
for sieve script storage, directly analogous to the imap spool partition,
and has no such analogous relationship to the imap databases, other than
similar naming structures. The configuration setting sievedir could, as a
result, be thought of as sieve-partition-default, like partition-default
(assuming defaultpartition: default) for the imap spool, which is what I
initially did to make the distinction clearer in my mind.

>From the looks of your directory structure, you're using Simon's rpms,
which by default have:
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve

My installation, for instance, has:
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
sievedir: /var/sieve

Hope this helps.
Will

--On Monday, 01 March, 2004 20:33 -0600 Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
wrote:

> I am curious as to whether this is a bug or by design..
> I just upgraded my main server to cyrus imapd 2.2.3 from 2.1.15, and
> went through the nice fun of moving all the accounts around in the spool
> from a full username of "user at domain.tld" to the virtual domain system
> in 2.2.3... And though I had everything all good and finished until I
> noted that sieve scripts weren't running.. and found this out..
>
> (I have full hash off and hash spool off)
>
> File locations for joe at domain.tld
> spool - /var/spool/imap/domain/domain.tld/user/joe
> seendb - /var/lib/imap/domain/d/domain.tld/user/j/joe.seen
> subscribe - /var/lib/imap/domain/d/domain.tld/user/j/joe.sub
> quota - /var/lib/imap/domain/d/domain.tld/quota/j/user.joe
> sieve - /var/lib/imap/sieve/domain/d/domain.tld/j/joe/default.script
>
> Why is the sieve script directory not following the same setup as the
> quota and seen/sub directories??

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus