-ERR Could not read message file...Ideas?

Jeremy Ford jeremyfo at shorefast.net
Tue Mar 2 18:02:45 EST 2004

I tried popping mail today and i got the following error, -ERR Could not
read message file. I try to login using webmail and there are 2 error
messages saying the message # couldn't be open. These can't be deleted or
made to go away....

However, /var/spool/imap/user/myusername has no messages in it? just
cyrus.header/index/cache.

If you send me mails i can read them and delete them, see them come and go
in /var/spool/imap/user/myusername, but can't get rid of the two mails it
thinks I have when i use webmail or try to pop them? Any ideas? What file
controls this?

This is with Cyrus-2.0.16

Thanks
Jeremy