creating mailboxes

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Wed Mar 10 00:39:15 EST 2004

--On Tuesday, 09 March, 2004 23:26 -0600 Ian Beyer <manuka at nerdherd.net>
wrote:

> How do I get a login to cyradm without having a user account? I'm very
> confused about this. It's got to be an account, but it can't be an
> account. See why I'm confused?
>
> imapd.conf is pointing to /var/imap for partition-default. My point about
> the "directories" was that they're not in fact directory entries, but
> regular files - presumably something mboxish.

Is it possible that your (x)inetd.conf file has an uncommented imap server
entry where the UW IMAP server is still configured to accept imap
connections? Based on what you've said about what's actually happening when
you use cyradm to connect to the imap server, I'd suspect that the Cyrus
IMAP server isn't even being connected to.

Hope this helps,
Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus