pop3d proxy

Michael J Farina mfarina at cvzoom.net
Fri Mar 12 13:13:58 EST 2004

It seems that the delay is in the connection. I have played with the backlog
queue, the max child, and prefork settings without being able to make it any
faster. I am logging in a doing a list command. The mailboxes are all empty
so I am not thinking that once the connection is authed it is slow. It is
just getting the frontend to open enough connections to the backend. I can't
seem to nail down what the problem is. If I connect the stress test to the
backend it is very fast less than a second a connection. If I can provide
anymore info let me know. I am looking to have over 150,000 boxes they are
all pop now but I want to offer IMAP.

--Mike