squatter best practices

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Mar 12 15:12:08 EST 2004

Hi,

-- Jim Howell <jwh2 at cornell.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on Freitag, 12.
März 2004 14:36 Uhr -0500 regarding squatter best practices:

>          I'm running a Solaris 8 system with Cyrus 2.1.11.  We have an
> occasional report where doing an IMAP search causes the session to
> abruptly end.

with error 75? We are seeing these as well, but I don't think they are
reproducible.

>  Re-running squatter on that mailbox helps.  So I have some
> questions.
> Does anyone actually run squatter on an on-going basis?

yes, we do.

> If you do run it on an on-going basis, how often do you run it?
> Do you run it out of the cyrus.conf as an event or cron?  We use cron.

We use cron as well, using our own squatrunner. You should find some
version of it in the contrib directory of recent versions of cyrus-imap.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK