R: Problem in authenticating via sasldb2

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Fri Mar 12 17:09:21 EST 2004

> "Luca Manganelli" <manganelli at ksolutions.it> 03/12/04 06:11pm >>>

ah, ok

>> it in the default location) "cyradm --user cyrus --auth plain
>> localhost". I have to use "cyradm --user cyrus --auth DIGEST-MD5
>> localhost" since I have not explicitely set the sasl_mech_list.
>
>[root at ksmail-test cyrus-imapd]# ./cyradm --user cyrus --auth plain
localhost
>Password:
>IMAP Password:
>               at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
>cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with plain as cyrus
>[root at ksmail-test cyrus-imapd]# ./cyradm --user cyrus --auth
DIGEST-MD5 localhost
>cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with DIGEST-MD5 as cyrus

You may try either of the following, (although I am doubtful that this
is what your problem is):

a)  Delete your cyrus at localhost user from the sasldb file with

          saslpasswd2 -d -u localhost cyrus

      and re-create it without using the "-u" option:

          saslpasswd2 -c cyrus

or

b) Edit your /etc/imapd.conf and add the line:

         loginrealms: localhost ksmail-test kmailcert.it

    restart the cyrus "master" process.

since your present imapd.conf does not allow cross-realm logins. See
"man imapd.conf". The documentation is not clear on what the imap server
does with "localhost" -- i.e. whether it consideres it a separate realm
(the "native" realm being what is (generally) returned with "uname
-n").

Mike.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus