shared folders?

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:16:52 EST 2004

Hello,

I haven't seen one yet. Doesn't mean there's not one out there.

Real quickly. Create the folder. Give people who need access
the necessary ACL. It's pretty much that simple.

Here at NCSU I've set up a seperate server for shared folders.
This causes some problems of its own since we have not yet
implemented a Cyrus Murder. But otherwise it works well.
We have a Service Level Agreement that we have people sign
and I've prepared a short tutorial on what IMAP and shared
folders are and included a couple of examples using cyradm
to administer a folder. Please note that a couple of items
in it are specific to our environment.ie, the add command I
mention. My target audience is those who are specified in the
SLA to be an administrator(s) for the shared folder(s).

It can be found at http://www.ncsu.edu/imap/shared

Please, if you have any comments or suggestions concerning
the tutorial let me know.

Regards,
Earl Shannon
--
Systems Programmer, Information Technology Division
North Carolina State University