Migrating to using unixhierarchysep: yes?

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Mon Mar 15 15:50:55 EST 2004

I feel like a total ninny. Changed the setting in imapd.conf and modified my
admin scripts to create/delete/etc with "user/" instead of "user." and
everything is working fine, including with new accounts.

Thanks again Ken!

Lenny
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"

Quoting Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>:

> Lenny wrote:
>
>> I have a cyrus system using Murder and virtual domains and am using the
>> normal "." hierarchy seperator. This system was setup to consolidate a very
>> large number of individual isp boxes into a "standard" system (just think of
>> it as there are going to be alot of domains on this). It turns out
>> one of the
>> boxes I have to move has alot of usernames with periods in the
>> usernames. So I
>> obviously need to turn on unixheirarchysep. Problem is, I already have 3
>> domains and numerous accounts on the system. How do I convert those existing
>> accounts over to be compatible? I could've swore I saw a howto
>> somewhere, but
>> seem to be unable to find it anymore!
>
> Which version of Cyrus?  Unless you're using some hacked version, all
> you need to do is to turn on the option.
>

> --
> Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
> Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
> 716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
> --PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus