Sieve for shared mailboxes

Pat Lashley patl+cyrus at volant.org
Mon Mar 22 15:06:16 EST 2004

--On Monday, March 22, 2004 13:22:52 -0600 +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 02:28, Rob Siemborski wrote:
>>
>> > It also opens a world of possibility for new bugs.  There definately isn't
>> > a consensus on what the desireable behavior here is.
>>
>> User-created sieve loops strike me as one "fun" possibility to be
>> avoided at all costs.
>
> Maybe a too simplistic notion on my part, but could the deliverydb be
> used to prevent that somehow?  Though, I guess that would entail
> chaning the key to reflect the target folder, maybe?  (Currently only
> the Message-Id is used, right?)

If each 'delivery' adds a Received header; then a simple limit on
the number of Received headers would do the trick.

And if it's all handled by a single process that iterates for
delivery step; then it could simply keep and check a list of
which scripts (or mailboxes) it's already visited.

The real bikeshed question is what it should do when a loop is
detected?  And should that action be at all user configurable?

-Pat
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus