IMAP clients that use ANNOTATE[MORE]

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Mar 17 22:49:29 EST 2004

Scott Russell wrote:

> Greets -
>
> I was thinking about enabling ANNOTATEMORE on the Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.3
> build I'm planning. I was curious though, is it worth it? Are there IMAP
> clients in the wild that use ANNOTATE and ANNOTATEMORE?

ANNOTATEMORE is enabled by default in 2.2.3 (and can't be disabled).
The only client that I know of that currently supports it is cyradm.
Cyrus now uses a handful of mailbox annotations for stuff like squatter,
cyr_expire and nntpd.  These are all vendor-specific annotations which
MUAs probably wouldn't use (unless the client allowed access to all
annotations for an admin).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127

Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus