imapd.conf man page missing

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Fri Mar 19 11:40:34 EST 2004

(Taking back onto the list.)

--On Friday, 19 March, 2004 14:50 +0000 Philip Chambers
<P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:43:52 -0500 "William K. Hardeman" <wont-i at wkh.org>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for that info.
>
> I copied all the ./man/html files to a separate area for my browser's
> convenience  before building the package.  This made sense because I
> needed to go through the   documentation before I could do the build.
> When I found the imapd.conf.5.html file  was missing I checked in the tar
> file and found it was not there.

Makes sense to do it that way, since those docos are so important to
building things correctly. Myself, I've always just lynxed the index page
in the src directory. :-)

> When I now look in the build directory, after the make I see that
> ./man/imapd.conf.5  is present, but doc/man/imapd.conf.5.html is not, so
> there appears to be a problem  with the latter.

Hrm...Then I suspect that this has been fixed in CVS, since
doc/man/imapd.conf.5.html was built with my installation, and I build from
CVS sources. As someone else suggested, you might want to run man2html
against the generated man file after the make finishes.

Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus