converting sppol and config dirs from 2.1.x to 2.2.x (WAS: cyrus 2.2.3 & virtual)

Paul Dorneanu spooky at rufon.org
Wed Mar 24 06:23:46 EST 2004

to reply to myself...
to have the old style structure still working with virtdomains ON....
moving all the current accounts to the deafult domain in the way you
said will make it work using the old username structue (user_domaincom) ?

what I mean

from:
user.jon_doecom    default    jon_doecom    lrswipcda
user.jon_doecom.somefolder    default    jon_doecom    lrswipcda

to this:
defdom.com!user.jon_doecom    default    jon_doecom    lrswipcda
defdom.com!user.jon_doecom.somefolder    default    jon_doecom    lrswipcda

where defdom.com is the default domain???
this way I will be able to login with jon_doecom without appending
defdom.com (I mean not using jon_doecom at defdom.com)??

what about renamemailbox command from cyradm? do I have to use it?

Paul Dorneanu wrote:

> is there any way to have my old accounts and add new accounts with the
> new account (user at domain.com) and convert slowly old accounts?

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus