sasl + ldap +CRAM-MD5

zorg zorg at probesys.com
Wed Mar 24 06:26:43 EST 2004

hi,
here is my problem,
I want cyrus to use the login and password from my ldap server

I manage to make it work using
saslauthd +pam +ldap
or
saslauthd + ldap

in both case I can only use the plaintext authentification

it seem normal for the pam solution

but maybe there is more to do to make it work with ldap (saslauthd -a
ldap -O /etc/saslauthd.conf)

my saslauthd.conf

ldap_servers: ldap://192.168.1.81
ldap_bind_dn: cn=admin,dc=sys,dc=org
ldap_password: azerty
ldap_version: 3
ldap_search_base: ou=People,dc=sys,dc=org
ldap_timeout: 10
ldap_filter: uid=%u

When I trying to log using
imtest -m  CRAM-MD5  -u cyril  localhost

I've got in /var/log/auth.log
Mar 24 12:24:19 phil cyrus/imapd[3457]: OTP unavailable because can't
read/write key database /etc/opiekeys: No such file or directory
Mar 24 12:24:28 phil cyrus/imapd[3457]: no secret in database

Is there a way to make my server to be a little more secure (without
using ssl)

hope you can help me

cyril
---