Group Mailbox

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Tue Mar 23 09:55:39 EST 2004

> Dmitry Terentyev <Dmitry.Terentyev at i-solutions.spb.ru> 03/23/04
03:35pm >>>
>Dear Gurues! Really sorry for bothering you, but I need help.
>
>Could you please tell me, how can I develop the group mailbox on my
>machine?
>The way like "sam user.mailbox group:groupname all" doesn't work,
>the messages are re-sent to all the users in group groupname, instead
of
>staying still in mailbox.
>Do I need in pam.d/cyrus "auth required pam_group.so"?
>What else do I need for the box to work?
>
>Thank you in advance, sincerely yours,
>

>                 Dmitry Terentyev.

Hello Dmitry,

What version of Cyrus IMAPD are you using?
What does you configuration file (/etc/imapd.conf) look like?
What happens when you save a message to the shared mailbox from an IMAP
client?
What MTA (sendmail, qmail, etc) are you using?
Does it have an alias for the shared mailbox that would explain the
behavior?
How are you delivering mail to Cyrus?
How are you addressing the message (i.e. To: mailbox at myserver.ru)?

Mike.