newbie question

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 15 03:03:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Montag, 14. Juni 2004 20:26 Uhr -0400 Andrew J Caird
<Andrew.Caird at fccc.edu> wrote:

> Cyrus IMAP is more complicated than UWIMAP, for example, but it does many
> things UWIMAP can't do - multiple access being one of them.

actually that's not true, but it's a common misconception. UW IMAP does
support multiple access (in some respects actually better than Cyrus) *if*
you use mbx mailboxes. I've used that for years and I'd always recommend
this setup for a smallish installation. Cyrus wins hands down as your user
base grows into the hundreds or thousands, but for just a handful of users
UW IMAP is much easier to set up.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK