cyrus-sasl-2.1.18 and cyrus-imap-2.2.5

Craig Marchant craigm at ace.com.au
Fri Jun 11 23:10:48 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with imap authentication using the above mentioned
products.

I've setup the system to correctly authenticate pop3 and smtp-auth, but
whenever I try to authenticate using imap and cyrus sasl I get the
following error just after pressing enter on the login line:

NO Login failed: can't request info until later in exchange

I've seen a couple of posts where some people have been having the same
problem, but I could never find an answer to fix the problem.

If anybody can shed further light on the subject, it would be
appreciated.

Reagrds,

Craig Marchant
Systems Admin