cyrus-imapd 2.1.15 and DB 4.1.25 problems

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Sun Jun 13 21:54:22 EDT 2004

We have a similiar configuration:
- cyrus-imapd-2.1.15
- db-4.0.14
- 500+ users

We were having very similiar issues. For us it turned out
to be issues with the Cryus deliver program. Our
configuration set the mail transport as "cyrus". We
changed to use lmtp and all our problems went away,
completely.

Lmtp is is a message transport service. It is much more
efficient than the deliver program.

I would suggest making the same change if you are
currently using deliver. Are you using postfix?

If your are, check "/etc/postfix/main.cf" for the
"mailbox_transport" setting. If it is cyrus you are using
the "deliver" program not the lmtpd service.

-Kevin